Let’s be “REAL” people!

I want you to think about this quote for just a min.

“To utilize social media tools effectively and properly, you must absolutely generate spontaneous communications in direct response to what others are saying or to what is happening in that moment. Be yourself. Be conversational. Be engaged.”
– Aliza Sherman, co-owner of social marketing firm Conversify

Recently I have seen new companies popping up that say they will automate your Social Media for you, and post blog articles for you. They say they will take all the worry out of the mystical phenomenon called social media,  they claim to enhance your SEO and get you more exposure. Great! Now you have more hits to your site of people that are wanting to interact with you, but what is being posted is not your voice at all.  How long does it take someone to realize what your posting and saying isn’t coming from you?

Social media is about relationships. Relationships are created when you are being real. People connect and engage when they feel a connection and feel like you are genuinely  interested in them.

What if I invited some friends to a baseball game but instead of going with them I hired a stand in friend? Yes, he would go in my place because I didn’t have the time. Then later I could follow up with him to see how my friendship was coming along with my buddies from the Baseball game. Silly isn’t it. Well that is exactly what you do when you hire someone to create relationships for you. Remember real estate is and always will be a relationship business. If your finding it hard to make the time to connect then at some point that relationship will disappear?

Thanks for taking the time. If you have any great ideas on social media engagement I would love to hear from you!

Posted on October 12, 2010 at 12:41 pm
Michael Fanning | Category: Business today, Living, Real Estate Related, Uncategorized | Tagged , ,

14 responses to “Let’s be “REAL” people!”

1. Evangeline E "Van" Anderson says:

I agree Michael. Any method of reaching out to people in this fast paced world is a winning move. The “neighborhood” of the past is now the ether of the atmosphere therefore we must be in it to communicate. The message we have is one of comfort, safety and reliability. I commend you for your forward movement. I am on the band wagon learning more every day. See you out there!!

2. Evangeline E "Van" Anderson says:

3. Evangeline E "Van" Anderson says:

4. Evangeline E "Van" Anderson says:

5. Evangeline E "Van" Anderson says:

6. Evangeline E "Van" Anderson says:

7. Evangeline E "Van" Anderson says:

8. Evangeline E "Van" Anderson says:

9. Evangeline E "Van" Anderson says:

10. Evangeline E "Van" Anderson says:

11. Evangeline E "Van" Anderson says:

12. Evangeline E "Van" Anderson says:

13. Evangeline E "Van" Anderson says:

14. Michael Fanning says:

Thank you Evangeline, We do have to be on the forward movement, and always thinking of new ways to customize the experience for our customers. Thanks for reading my blog.